9 Temmuz 2012 Pazartesi

Swatches: Sinful Colors Leap Flog

To contact us Click HERE
The only TRULY new shade in the new Sinful Colors Study In Style display (this collection also includes the much-loved and hard-to-find Winterberry), I had to buy Leap Flog the moment I saw it at my local Walgreens. (NOTE: starting 7/22 and running through 7/28, Sinful Colors polishes will be on sale at Walgreens for $0.99 each, no coupon required.)
Leap Flog is a mysterious, murky, blue-green-gray. It's a dusty shade with a creme finish, and I can honestly say that I don't have another shade quite like it. In certain lights in looks more green, while in others it looks more blue. Indoors, the gray in this polish seems to come out more, giving it an even dustier feel. 
As I mentioned yesterday, there MIGHT be a dupe for Leap Flog in the new Revlon Top Speed color called After Party. This is not surprising given that Revlon owns Sinful Colors, but I just thought it was worth repeating in case you're having a hard time finding Leap Flog in your area.
Let's take a peek:
 Sinful Colors Leap Flog(retail: $1.99 at Walgreens, 0.5 oz)
I wanted to show you this color in a variety of different lights, so that you could get an idea of how it changes depending on the lighting, time of day, etc. In all of these photos, I applied two coats of Leap Flog, followed by one coat of clear top coat.






The formula on this one was a little thick, but in a good way. Meaning, this could be a one-coater if you didn't wipe down your brush too much (it's completely opaque at one coat). However, if you're a chronic two-coater like me, the thickness of the formula means that you'll half to wipe down your brush on the sides of the bottle a little more than you're probably used to. But the good thing is that it's not so thick that it's goopy, and I haven't experienced any bubbling either.
If you're attracted to blue-greens or shades that have a lot of gray to them, I think this one's a must-have. It's got an industrial feel to it that I tend to like very much--it almost feels like something the characters in George Orwell's 1984 might wear, but not in a Big-Brother-Mind-Control type of way--just in a very utilitarian, futuristic way, I guess is what I'm trying to say.
Have you spotted/purchased Leap Flog yet? If so, how do you like it? If not, is it on your must-have list or are you planning on skipping this one?

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder