23 Eylül 2012 Pazar

My Weekend Manicure: Wet n Wild Poison Ivy & Root of All Evil

Time again for my weekend manicure, and this weekend I had a hard time choosing between these lovely Limited Edition polishes from Wet n Wild:

Back at the end of August, I showed you pics of the Wet n Wild Limited Edition Pick Your Poison Collection. After a month of searching, this display finally popped up at a local CVS (I'm hearing it's starting to surface at Walgreens as well) and I bought the two colors that really jumped out at me:
Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Colors in Poison Ivy and Root of All Evil(retail: $1.99 each, 0.45 oz)
Keep reading for swatches of both colors...

I initially did a full manicure of Poison Ivy:

These pics were taken after two coats and one layer of top coat. Poison Ivy is almost a one-coater, but the formula is thick and goopy. I encountered some bald spots on the first coat, so I had to apply a second. This is a stunning color though--I love the green shimmer. One thing to note though: if you clean up your manicures with a brush and acetone like I do, this one is messy, messy, messy polish during clean-up. The moment your brush makes contact with this polish, the polish instantly starts to bleed all over your cuticles (see my pinky finger). Every time I tried to go back over the black residue with my clean brush, it seemed to just deposit more black polish with every brush stroke. So I would suggest not using the brush and acetone method with this one (the same goes for Root of All Evil, as you'll see in a second).



After wearing Poison Ivy for a few hours, I realized that I wanting something a little bit brighter for the weekend, so I changed my polish to Root of All Evil:

Root of All Evil is a stunning shade of electric royal blue that is even more beautiful and rich in person (my camera kind of washes out the depth of this color). This one is definitely a one-coater. It's perfectly opaque after one coat but I always apply at least two (which is what you see here). The formula on this polish is absolutely perfect. It flows effortlessly on to the nail with no application issues whatsoever. The only issue I ran into was the same issue I had with Poison Ivy--if you use the brush and acetone method to clean up your manicures, I would advise skipping that with these polishes. The moment my brush comes in contact with this polish, the polish bleeds into my cuticles almost instantly.
On the up side, these polishes don't stain the nails after removal. I was so afraid I'd have "Smurf hands" after wearing this color, but I removed the polish on my pinky finger to test it out and no staining (also, no staining occurred when I removed Poison Ivy). But because these polishes bleed almost instantly when they come in contact with acetone, you might encounter some hard-to-remove residue on your cuticles. I don't know how this will be if you use a non-acetone remover though, because I only use 100% acetone.



If I had to recommend just one of these polishes, it would definitely be Root of All Evil, because the formula is perfect and you really only need one coat for great opacity. Poison Ivy is beautiful too, but be prepared to add a few drops of polish thinner to that one since it's pretty thick and goopy on its own.
Have you spotted the Wet n Wild Pick Your Poison collection in your area yet? Thoughts?

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder