23 Eylül 2012 Pazar

The Lipstick League – week of 9.17.12


The best beverage I've ever had in my life.
If I weren't concerned with driving you crazy, I probably would have written at least three full blog posts by now about my love of Tea's Tea Half & Half Green Tea With Coconut. Seriously, you guys would be saying, "OK, G., I got it. You love it. Stop already." But I just can't stress enough how delicious this drink is and how much I crave it on a daily basis (and for the record, I haven't received any free samples or any contact whatsoever with the manufacturers of this fine beverage). If you like green tea and you like coconut, this is the perfect marriage of the two. The perfect marriage. You can taste the green tea and the coconut equally, and it's not too sweet (it's actually sweetened with pure cane sugar and stevia). Every time I drink it, my face lights up like I'm on a TV commercial and then I lean my head back, smack my lips together and exclaim, "This is just ridiculous." I'm not sure where you can find it in your area, but I buy mine at a local Japanese market here in San Diego (Nijiya Market if you're in SD) and it's about $2.50 per bottle. Worth. Every. Penny.

Lipstick League Question of the Week: 
Your three favorite fragrances, name them…
G's answer: This is probably the most difficult LL question I've had to answer to date. If I absolutely have to narrow it down, I'm going to go with three fragrances that I've been wearing consistently for the longest amount of time, which means I haven't come close to growing tired of them yet. Chantecaille Frangipane, the original China Rain from Body Time (seriously, this is the first China Rain fragrance ever made, so any China Rain fragrance you've smelled not by Body Time is an imitation), and Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune. But I also have to give shout-outs to Demeter Snow, Philosophy Baby Grace, Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess and Fresh Sugar Lychee which are all consistent, go-to fragrances for me. Oh, and an extra special shout-out to Diesel Plus Plus Feminine as we head into winter because it's my favorite milky, powdery, sweater-wearing scent of all time (and it's super cheap to boot).
Links of the Week:
Pink SithHOT PINK FUCHSIA SEX ON A STICK! Do I have your attention? I thought so. Check out the NARS 413 BLKR Velvet Matte Lip Pencil. It lives up to the all caps introduction.
Prime Beauty – welcomes Fall with bareMinerals The September Issue Eyeshadow Palette, the perfect mix of neutral and jewel tones!
Phyrra – gives in to her desires and loves the Urban Decay Vice Palette. She reviews, swatches and shares a few tutorials.
we heart this – You know the fabulous Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel that everyone always touts as a must have (us included)? Hiney pimples and arm bumps, be warned, it now comes in a Body Towel.
Beauty Junkies Unite – In the event that you haven’t seen how hyped up the blogosphere is over Urban Decay’s new eyeshadow collection, The Vice Palette, you better check out the preview & swatches before it hits stores officially on the 27th!
Clumps of Mascara – Tarte can do no wrong in my book. Such is the case with these awesome Glamazon Pure Performance 12-Hour Lipsticks. They’re long lasting lippies made of clay. Hot stuff, uh?
EauMG – Is there anything better than champagne? If you answered, “no”, you need to try Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois perfume. It could change your mind. It’s that good.
Gouldylox Reviews – Ever wonder what it’s like to get serious hair extensions ala every celebrity in Hollywood? I took the plunge for science and am sharing every gory detail!
Nouveau Cheap – finally found the L’Oreal Limited Edition Fall 2012 Project Runway Collection at her local drugstore and picked up the mysterious purple lipgloss. Was it everything she hoped for?

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Pink Sith – Well, going with the Fragrance theme, I thought I would share with you one of my fave fragrance blogs. It’s called Eyeliner On A Cat. Carrie Meridith is clever and knowledgeable and just an all around fun read! Enjoy!

What are your top three fragrances?

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder