13 Mayıs 2012 Pazar

Lip Care Routine

To contact us Click HERE
A few years back I was literally addicted to Vaseline! Every fifth minute I had to smear some Vaseline on and I had a jar of it in my purse, one in my jacket and one in my bedroom just to make sure my lips wouldn't get dry!It was just crazy but still it felt like my lips were incredible dry, like they never got any moisture at all. This went on until I actually realized what was in that tin jar; Petroleum Jelly or Mineral Oil! This substance do anything but moisturizes the lips, it actually removes the moisture from the skin leaving the lips drier than before! So I decided to stop using it, even though I was absolutely terrified that my lips would get all chapped and painful. To my relief they didn't, instead I didn't need to moisturize them every fifth minute and I just settled with doing it in the morning and before bedtime and sometimes at noon. But that was it! These days I very rarely get chapped lips and they never feel dry, like they did before.I must admit that I'm a bit torn with this whole mineral oil debate, I haven't really decided where I stand and I do use make up products that contain mineral oils, but I figure that if I use it on top of vegetable oils it wouldn't do any harm to my skin. Enough talk about that, here's my lip care routine! 

Lip scrub from Lush called Pow Wow, Ultrabalm also from Lush and Chapstick from Fresh and Wild (I got mine at Whole Foods). I use the Ultrabalm in the mornings and before bedtime, and if I need to do a touch up during the day I use the chapstick, which is petroleum free!

I try to scrub my lips twice a week just to get ride of access skin so they appear to be smoother. The Pow Wow form Lush is pretty interesting because it kind of pops! One can even hear it! So cool!


 The result: smooth, luscious and chapped free lips!
Got any great lip care tricks?

Enjoy!
Phlox

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder