13 Şubat 2013 Çarşamba

Sinful Colors

To contact us Click HERE
This is a new year, and it's time for a fresh start with Sinful Colors. After much contemplation, I've decided to start covering Sinful Colors products again here on Nouveau Cheap.

More after the jump...

In an effort to avoid turning this into a novel, here's a summary for you:
Last year, after this happened, I decided to show solidarity with my fellow beauty bloggers and stop covering Sinful Colors here on the blog. Many of you were supportive of this decision, and those who didn't agree were generally very understanding with my reasons. This was always about supporting my fellow bloggers, and I feel that not covering Sinful Colors was showing, in some small part, that I was behind them in hoping for a fair resolution to this issue.
In the months that have passed, all of the bloggers involved have since removed their original posts, and I'm assuming they've all come to an agreement with the brand (I do not personally know any of the bloggers, so again I'm merely assuming that something was worked out). And I have not heard of any other incidents since the last time I blogged about the brand here.
Like I said at the beginning of this post, this is a new year, and I want to turn over a new leaf with a brand that I have loved for many, many years (literally, since the early 1990s--you can see pics of the original Sinful Colors bottle style here, which I still own). I realize that I'm opening myself up to criticism for this decision, but that's just it--it's my decision. You're free to express your feelings about my decision here, but please do so in a polite manner if you're going to leave a comment (otherwise, it won't be approved).
In the online beauty community there are things uncovered on a regular basis that may give you, the consumer, pause and make you reconsider your support of a brand. I'm not here to pass judgement on what you buy, or don't buy, and I hope you'll do the same for me. We all have our convictions and in fact, my good friend Phyrra just posted a fantastic piece about this very topic here: When Does a Stand Become a Grudge? It's a complex issue and one that none of us here will ever agree upon 100%. But that's the beauty of this community, right? It's diverse and filled with differing opinions and that's what makes reading beauty blogs such a dynamic, informative and rewarding experience for all of us who share this passion.
That said, I'm not going to try and play catch-up on everything I've missed since I've "been away." I know that Sinful Colors has revamped their website and released more makeup offerings (lip and eye colors) as well as lot of new polishes since I've been gone. I'll just be posting about anything new that I see from this point forward (starting with my very next post) and if you'd like to share any "must-haves" that you've found in the past several months, I'd love to hear about them. Oh, and by the way, a kind reader on Facebook just informed me that Sinful Colors has released a new collection of pastels--have any of you seen this collection yet?
Thanks so much for your understanding, and also thanks for taking the time to read this.
G. xo

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder